At the current time only Samsung and LG Smart TVs have direct access to the Smart IPTV app from their respective app stores. However, if you have a different TV there are a number of other options open to you, for example, you can use Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Mirrorcast or any other media device that you can connect to your TV.
This tutorial will guide you through the setup instructions for a Smart TV running Android. The Live TV Store, TV service requires the use of an IPTV media controller app, there are a few of these available in Play Store, however, this tutorial is based on a free app called ‘onIPTV’, this app is free to download and use.
Android Smart TV Setup Instructions
- Go to ‘Play Store‘ and search for ‘VLC Player‘ (if you do not already have it).
- Install VLC Player, you do not need to open it.
- Return to ‘Play Store’ and search for ‘onIPTV‘.
- Install ‘onIPTV‘.
- Return to Play Store and search for ‘IPTV Core‘ (if you do not already have it).
- Install ‘IPTV Core‘, you do not need to open it.
- Run ‘onIPTV‘ and if asked which media player to use, choose ‘VLC Player‘.
- To login, enter your the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ from your unique Playlist URL. Your username and password looks like this: //…username=USERNAME&password=PASSWORD&type…// (If you are unable to locate the username and password in the URL, please let us know and we can send it to you).
- Choose Live TV for our Live TV channel list or VOD for an additional selection of Films and Boxsets.
- Click onto any channel to play.
Watching Live TV after initial setup
- Run the Smart IPTV app.
- Choose a channel to view.
Troubleshooting Live TV
If you have any problems viewing the Live TV Service please follow this recommended fix.
- Reboot your TV and Router